Please read and refer to our “Terms & Conditions of Use” when reading this policy and both are related and to be referred to in conjunction.
We value the trust you place in Asaan. That's why we insist upon the highest standards for secure transactions and customer information privacy. Please read the following statement to learn about our information gathering and dissemination practices, as well as any other written agreement between us and you. In addition, when using particular services or materials on the Site, you shall also be subject to any posted rules applicable to such services or materials that may contain terms and conditions in addition to those in these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Your sole and only remedy for dissatisfaction with the site, or any products, services, content, or other information available on or through the site, is to stop using the site and/or those particular products or services. Your agreement with us regarding compliance with these terms and conditions of use becomes effective immediately upon commencement of your use of the site.
We expressly reserve the right to modify, discontinue or terminate the Site, Application or Services or to change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time and without notice to you. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review the Site and our Policies from time to time and to familiarize yourself with any modifications. If we modify our Policies, we will post the modification on the Site. We will also update the "Last Updated Date" at the top of these PoliciesYour continued access to, or use of the Site after we have posted a modification will constitute acknowledgement of the modified Policies and agreement to abide by and be bound by the modified Policies. If the modified Policies are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using the Site, Applications and the Services.
As used in these Policies, references to our "Affiliates" include our promoters, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, officers, directors, suppliers, partners, investors, sponsors, and advertisers, and includes (without limitation) all parties involved in creating, producing, and/or delivering the Site and/or its contents.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
When you use the Site, we may collect information and store the information that you submit to or through the Site, as well as information we collect in connection with your use of the Site. The purpose of collecting said information is to fulfil your requests and personalize and enhance your experience by improving the Site’s functionality, improving the Site’s quality, tracking usage of the Site, providing feedback to businesses that are listed on the Site, displaying relevant advertising, providing customer support, messaging you, backing-up our systems and allowing for disaster recovery, enhancing the security of the Site and to comply with legal obligations.The information that we collect may include:
Account Information: If you create an account on the Site, we may store and use your full name, email address, zip code and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender and birth date, your first name and last initial etc.. Further, any photo you submit through the registration process will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account here. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, you may write email@example.com.
Location information: We may collect real-time information about the location of your device, as
permitted by you.
Public Content: The information that you post to the Site is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, comments, questions, lookbooks, photos, ratings, followings, check-ins and account profile. We may display this information on the Site, share it with businesses and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
Contacts: You can invite your friends to join the Site by providing their contact information or by allowing us to use your address book from your computer, mobile devices or other sites. If you invite a friend to join and connect with you on the Site, we may transmit your friend’s contact information to Asaan to process your requests.
Promotions: When you sign up for an account on Asaan or any of its affiliated products, including and not limited to Asaan for Business SaaS solutions operational via Asaan’s Business Application installed at various fashion retail stores (AsaanClients) across towns, you are opting to receive promotional messages via SMS or Email, from Asaan or Asaan’s clients.
Communications: When you sign up for an account, you are opting to receive emails from other Asaan users, businesses, and from Asaan itself. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from Asaan or through the Site, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you exchange messages with others through the Site, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations* related to the operation and use of the Site.
We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on the Site, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, made publicly available, or that which we have on record for your business.
Site Activity: We may store information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit and the businesses you call using our mobile applications. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Site, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location and requested and referring URLs.
Asaan also uses the log file like other website servers which is the standard measures. They include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We use them to analyse trends, administer the site, track a user's movement and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.,
Asaan DOES NOT trade or sell Your Personal Information in any manner, except as specified herein, or if express consent is sought from You.
Personal Information provided by You is used only:
- to facilitate Your use of the Website
- to respond to Your inquiries or fulfil Your requests for information about the various services
- to provide You with information about Asaan's products/services and to send You information, materials, and offers from Asaan
- to send You important information regarding the Website, changes to Asaan's terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information
- to send You surveys and marketing communications that Asaan believes may be of interest to You
- to personalize Your experience on the Website and Asaan's other websites by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to You
- to help You address Your problems with the Website including addressing any technical problems
- if You purchase any content or avail of any service from the Website, to complete and fulfil Your purchase, for example, to have Your payments processed, communicate with You regarding Your purchase and provide You with related customer service
- for proper administering of the Website
- to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website)
- to improve the services, content and advertising on the Website
- to protect the integrity of the Website
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
You acknowledge that apart from Your Personal Information, if You upload any content on the Website, such content may contain information including Personal Information and the same may be available to the other users of the Website. Asaan will not be liable for the disclosure and dissemination of such Personal Information to any third parties.
Asaan may disclose aggregated information about the use of the Website, but it will never contain Personal Information. Asaan does not disclose Personal Information to third parties in the normal course of operations. However, in situations when Asaan is legally obligated to disclose information to the government or other third parties, Asaan will do so.
Asaan implements standard measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception of Personal Information. However, no internet site can fully eliminate security risks.
Your use of the site is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and you are solely responsible for the substance, results and consequences of your communications through the Site. By posting information in or otherwise using any communications service, chat room, message board, newsgroup, software library, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through the Site, you agree that you will not upload, share, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content -- including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other informationthat:
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, or is otherwise tortious or contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), or otherwise violates our rules or policies;
- victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals based on religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, disability, or other legally protected basis;
- infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, moral right, or other proprietary right of any party;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as "spamming"), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives.
You acknowledge that we neither endorse nor assume any liability for the contents of any material uploaded or submitted by third party users of the Site. We have no obligation to pre-screen, monitor, or edit the content posted by users of communications services, chat rooms, message boards, newsgroups, software libraries, or other interactive services that may be available on or through the Site. However, we may elect to prescreen, monitor or edit any content. Additionally, we and our agents have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, in our judgment, does not comply with these Policies and any other rules of user conduct for our Site, or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. You agree that we are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content. You hereby consent to any such removal deemed appropriate by us, and, you waive any claim against us arising out of such removal of content and agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any and all claims asserted based upon such removal. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a description of the procedures to be followed in the event that any party believes that content posted on the Site infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, moral right, or other proprietary right of any party.
You may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server. Not all areas of the Site may be available to you or other authorized users of the Site. You shall not interfere with anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Site or any associated services or features. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability.
You agree that we may, at any time and at our sole discretion, terminate your membership, account, or other affiliation with our Site without prior notice to you for violating any of the above Policies and associated provisions. Upon such termination, you agree that we may remove any and all material or content that you may have posted to our Site. In addition, you acknowledge that we do and will cooperate fully with any investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected criminal or civil violations
This is to explain as what are Cookies and why do we use them, in addition to all the information you need to know.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for tracking and record-keeping purposes. Unless you have disabled cookies on your browser setting so that it automatically eliminates cookies or you have blocked cookies for a specific site, our cookies will be dropped as soon as you visit the Services or as soon as you are taken to a specific item on a third-party merchant ("Asaan’s Advertisers") website. Persistent cookies help us to track and target your interests to enhance your experience on our website.
We use cookie to enhance your user experience on our site. Disabling these cookies will hamper some
- Understand the user’s interests and preferences to make future visits better
- To keep track of Advertisements running on our site, so that they are relevant for you
- To personalise the content shown to you
- Map data about site traffic and interaction of users with the site. Other Trusted third-party vendors may also use some useful information which would in turn enhance the future experience of the user. However, over which we have no control. These cookies are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or targeting cookies.
How Can You Control Your Cookies?
You should be aware that disabling cookies may hamper your user experience of our site or any other site which you may visit for that matter.
You should be aware that disabling cookies may hamper your user experience of our site or any other site which you may visit for that matter.
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- Advertising on Asaan: We may share information from or about you (such as your age, gender, location, etc.) and your use of the Site with Advertisers (people or businesses who have put media ads or promoted posts or similar content on Asaan).
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is; (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Links: The Site may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. Users may also use the search or browse options to find one another based on their names, email addresses or phone numbers.
DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
You must create an account and provide certain information about yourself in order to use some of the features that are offered through the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You are also responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any or no reason.
Your account is for your personal and non-commercial use only. You can use Google Facebook, or similar available login to register and start using our website. You may not impersonate someone else (e.g., adopt the identity of a celebrity, another person or your next-door neighbour), create or use an account for anyone other than yourself, provide an email address other than your own or create multiple accounts. If you use a pseudonym, take note that others may still be able to identify you if, for example, you include identifying information in your reviews, use the same account information on other sites or allow other sites to share information about you with Asaan. Please read our Policies for more information.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CONTENT
You alone are responsible for Your Content, and once published, it cannot always be withdrawn. You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone's reliance on its quality, accuracy or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable. You represent that you own or have the necessary permissions to use and authorize the use of Your Content as described herein. You shall not imply that Your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by Asaan.
You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, Your Content contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory, violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; exploits or otherwise harms minors; or violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
OUR RIGHT TO USE YOUR CONTENT
We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Other Media"). As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sub-licensable, transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. Please note that you also irrevocably grant the users of the Site and any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of the Site and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against Asaan and its users, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content. By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform and display, reproduce, distribute, modify, translate, remove, analyze, commercialize, and prepare derivative works of Your Content.
Asaan strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of Your Personal Information and to protect Your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. For this purpose, Asaan adopts internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Asaan stores Your personal data.
Asaan is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive Your Personal Information. The Website also linked to many other sites and we are not/shall be not responsible for their privacy policies or practices as it is beyond our control.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, Asaan shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
A "Force Majeure Event" shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Asaan and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
You acknowledge and agree that Asaan may preserve any communication by You with Asaan through the Website or any Service, and may also disclose such data if required to do so by law or if Asaan determines that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (1) comply with legal process; (2) enforce this Policy; (3) respond to claims that any such data violates the rights of others; or (4) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Asaan, its employees, users of, or visitors to, the Website, and the public.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. You are solely responsible for all statements made and acts or omissions that occur through the use of your password and account, whether by you or another party in possession of your password and account. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain access to your password and account. Our personnel will never ask you for your password. You may not transfer or share your account with anyone, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account if you do transfer or share your account.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our Affiliates harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney's fees, that arise from your use or misuse of the Site, its services or features. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
Asaan and its licensees may publicly display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with Your Content. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
User Content (including any that may have been created by users employed or contracted by (Asaan) does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Asaan. We reserve the right to remove, screen, edit or reinstate User Content from time to time at our sole discretion for any reason or no reason, and without notice to you. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of Your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Your Content.
We are under no obligation to enforce the Terms on your behalf against another user. While we encourage you to let us know if you believe another user has violated the Terms, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action at our sole discretion.
You agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to use the Site to:
- Violate our Terms, for example, by writing a fake or defamatory review, trading reviews with other businesses, or compensating someone or being compensated to write or remove a review;
- Violate any third party's rights, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- Threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination;
- Promote a business or other commercial venture or event, or otherwise use the Site for commercial purposes, except in conformity with the usage expressly permitted by Asaan;
- Send bulk emails, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not; engage in keyword spamming, or otherwise attempt to manipulate the Site's search results or any third party website;
- Solicit personal information from minors, or submit or transmit pornography; or
- Violate any applicable law.
You also agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to:
- Violate the Terms;
- Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Site or Site Content (other than Your Content), except as expressly authorized by Asaan;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Site or any Site Content;
- Reverse engineer any portion of the Site;
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of the Site or on any materials printed or copied from the Site;
- Record, process, or mine information about other users;
- Access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of business reviews;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the Site;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Asaan's technology, infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the Site;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- Use the Site or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Viruses");
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site;
- Use the Site to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Site or Site Content; or Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.
The restrictions above only apply to the extent permissible under applicable law. Nevertheless, you agree not to act contrary to them (even if permissible under applicable law) without providing 30 days prior written notice to us, together with any information that we may reasonably require to give us an opportunity to provide alternative remedies or otherwise accommodate you at our sole discretion.
The best reviews are based on personal experiences and offer the user’s unbiased opinion. They offer a rich narrative, a wealth of detail, and a helpful tip or two for other consumers. Here are some additional thoughts for conscientious reviewers.
Personal experience: We want to hear about your first hand consumer experience, not what you heard from your friends, etc. Try to tell your own story without resorting to broad generalizations and conclusory allegations.
Accuracy: Make sure your review is factually correct. Feel free to air your opinions, but don't exaggerate or misrepresent your experience. We don't take sides when it comes to factual disputes, so we expect you to stand behind your review.
Review updates: Review updates should reflect a new experience or interaction with the business. Don't tell the same old story you've already told. If you'd like to add new insight to an old experience, just edit your review instead of creating a new update.
COMMENTS / DISCUSSION GUIDELINES
The intention of having a comments / discussion forum on Asaan is to initiate healthy and insightful discussions in the form of question and answers on topics related to fashion and shopping. Some guidelines for the comments / discussions-
- Don’t give personal or biased or judgemental questions or answers.
- Use English language for the discussions and avoid using slangs, abbreviations or SMS lingo
- Do not use derogatory language
Asaan has full rights to delete or modify the questions and answers, should it feel the need to do so, without giving any reasons whatsoever.
USER ACCOUNT GUIDELINES
Don't be shy while improving your account. Use your account profile to let people know who you are and what makes you tick. Users want to read reviews from people they know, they can see and trust (not those with profiles that are empty or laced with inappropriate content).
BUSINESS OWNER GUIDELINES
Business owners should be getting in on the act as well. Some words of wisdom: About Your Business: Keep your Store page updated and whenever your require any updation or addition of information, contact us via email at email@example.com
Don't ask customers for reviews: Don't ask your customers to review your business on Asaan. Over time, solicited reviews create bias in your business listing — a bias that savvy consumers can smell from a mile away.
In no event shall we or our affiliates be liable to you or any third party for any special, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any other direct or indirect damages, including without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site or of any other website referenced or linked to from the site. Further, we shall not be liable in any way for third party goods and services offered through the site or for assistance in conducting commercial transactions through the site, including without limitation the processing of orders or payment of any consideration.
You understand and agree that we provide the services and features associated with the site conditioned on your understanding of, and agreement with, the prescribed limitations of liability and disclaimers of warranty set forth in these policies. But for your agreement with these limitations and disclaimers, we would not provide the services set forth herein. Consequently, you specifically agree that you understand and agree to these limitations and disclaimers.
PARTICIPATION IN PROMOTIONS
From time to time, the Site may include advertisements associated with offers by third parties. You may feel free to enter into correspondence with or participate in promotions of any advertisers showing their products on the Site. Any such correspondence or promotions, including the delivery of, and the payment for, goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such correspondence or promotions, are solely between you and the advertiser. We assume no liability, obligation or responsibility for any part of any such correspondence or promotion. You agree that we have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any aspect of your correspondence or transactions with the advertiser. You also understand that the inclusion of an advertisement on the Site does not constitute our endorsement of any offer or promotion associated with that advertisement, nor, does it constitute endorsement of any entity associated with or responsible for the advertisement. You assume all risk associated with any correspondence or transaction with the advertiser.
E-MAIL, MESSAGING, BLOGGING, AND CHAT SERVICES
Although the Site may be accessible worldwide, we make no representation that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside India or that the Site complies with any country's privacy laws. Accessing the Site or materials from territories where the content is deemed illegal is prohibited. If you access the Site from locations outside the India, you do soon your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any offer for any product, service, and/or information made in connection with the Site is void where prohibited.
As between you and Asaan, you own Your Content. We own the Asaan Content, including but not limited to store content, visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, including, but not limited to, our compilation of User Content and other Site Content, computer code, products, software, aggregate user review ratings and all other elements and components of the Site excluding Your Content, User Content and Third Party Content. As such, you may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the Asaan Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to the Site and the Asaan Content are retained by us.
These Policies constitute the entire agreement and understanding between us concerning the subject matter of this agreement and supersede all prior agreements and understandings of the parties with respect to that subject matter. These Policies may not be altered, supplemented, or amended by the use of any other document(s). Any attempt to alter, supplement or amend this document or to enter an order for products or services which are subject to additional or altered terms and conditions shall be null and void, unless otherwise agreed to in a written agreement signed by you and us. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with these Policies, these Policies shall take precedence.